Monday, November 23, 2009

November 15, 2009

Family, Friends, and those who may happen to read this...

So I received your package this week! They received it over a week ago but it took the Assistants a while to drop it off and yes the 100$ i took out to pay for the charge they put on to Fedex companies, I really don't know why, it's the way of the world I suppose. And I talked to the Office Elders they said it was fine if you put $ in the package, they just freak out because they go to San Pablo to pick it up and they demand like 4000 pesos, so if you can just through 100$ or 80$ into the package and I can pay them right when they deliver it, or talk with Fedex and ask why they rip people off? In other news, Gas companies went on strike in the Philippines and the President is pissed so in December it's predicted there will be no gas, we'll see how that goes. Pacman beat Cotto but in the coming months he wont stand a chance against Mayweather;) I can't wait to see the broken heart of every Filipino when he's beaten by an American haha. I was kind of upset I received you're package a few days before I got it, I started a diet and working out so when all the food came I've had to avoid it, however I've been good and haven't cheated! So if you would so kindly in the next package, just send like peanut butter, power bars,crackers, beef jerky, and dried fruit? (bananas) I really cannot think of anything I need just yet.... but I will let you know in the coming months. I love you and miss you so much, I eagerly await "P-Days Eve" or sunday because that means the following day I get to email. One of your Coworkers, emailed me name was Bill he left a very polite letter of encouragement, I thought I'd let you know and how impressed I was by it, So thank him in person for me when you get to see him, maybe give him a big hug. I already sent you the pictures of my other friends in the email and will omit their names here...frankly because I'm embarrassed for them. It really hurts to see some of these guys who I grew up with and love more then you could know, They don't even look like they used to and they look strung out and pathetic. However I still love them and hope there situation will change, it's just sad wasn't a good email to be honest. We baptized a 16 year old girl last friday her name was Dharly Ilagot, she's way nice and me and elder bondoc have a lot of fun when we visit her. Her sisters active in the church, her Mom doesn't go to church anymore but we are working on her to get her back she says she'll return and always cries when we teach her, Father is a truck driver in Mindanao so we never see him, and younger brother who is 12 we may start teaching, it was overall good I just need to remember this isn't america and people are different here, espeically baptisms, Bishop doesn't dress up, the Elder Quoroms president wears a T-shirt and flip flops, it's strange and upsetting but what can you do? That's kind of the attitude Elder Bondoc and I have about Sto Tomas now, our ward has really been horrible to us this week and let me tell you why. I'm really sorry this letters haven't been too fun the last few weeks, I prefer to be completely honest with you opposed to repeating the same thing "foods good, people are good, blah blah blah" But just know whatever happens I've happy here and I love these people, and the food for some reason i've grown to like salted fried fish, when I first got here I almost threw it up, but now I'm eating the head and eyes and all. but I'm sticking to sky flakes, Oatmeal, pop tarts, and cereal for my diet, it's not delicious but my goal after this transfer is to fit into a Philippino Medium sized shirt ahah wish me luck and I'll send a christmas card
So this week none the less has been trying and I suppose I'll explain it through a verse taken from the 20th chapter of acts, written by the hand of Paul the apostle my favorite:)

"Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations"

Humility is such a funny little attribute and I continually learn it over and over again, that and I suppose patience. The continually battle of Humility and Pride not only plagues this land and world alone, but fills the stories of the scriptures, It's the reason why Pharaoh would not free the Children of Israel, Why Aaron the brother of Moses built a Golden Calf for the Children of Israel to worship, Judas betrayed Christ, Why Paul the Apostle was beheaded by Nehor, Why Alma and Amulek had to witness the believers burnt before their eyes, and why the great civilizations of nations have fallen throughout the history of the world. Haha Don't think for a second it's not in missionary work. So i told you about Bro. Zolito the man who cried when we interviewed him well we had an interesting experience with him and his wife. Last monday we had scheduled an appointment with them a Family Home Evening, last Monday was a difficult day for me which resulted in me getting angry, hitting a concrete wall, Elder Bondoc and I arguing, and then crying together for an hour. So I did not feel like going to their home, of course we should have let them know but we did not. So then before Monday was told them his baptism would probably be on friday, complications came because the Philippines is the only nation in the world without Divorce, so the wife has had 4 marriages before or other words she commmited adultery 4 3 times now, and then we get the word from our Zone Leaders that we cannot baptism him yet until he is interviewed by president, So theres no baptism for him we don't have a cell phone or time to tell them it's not going on. so we go to their house she starts yelling and screaming at us and saying all these things like "Your job is to save souls why arent you doing it?" "he's been inglesia for several years so if he goes back to his church what does it matter" and basically scolding us. I just bit my tongue apologized and sat there in silence. So i called president we arranged the baptism for this week, Do I think they deserve it...I don't know there seems to be no repentance process for them he commited fornication she committed adultery...but does he have a testimony oh yes, is he dedicated oh yes! And the bishop is just rushing all this so he can get a chapel built in Sto. Tomas does he deserve one...NO not at all he's late all the time, does the ward deserve one ? No Not at all, they don't support missionaries or missionary work, and now that Elder Bondoc and I have done something "BAD" everyone in the world is Tsismising about us or in other words They are gossiping about us, for instance a woman who i've never talked to turned around and started chastising us in Sacrament meeting for not going to Bro. Zolito's house on Monday, then I hear it from at least 8 members on Sunday. Well to be honest, Elder Bondoc has helped this ward grow from 50 members to over 100 in 3 months and since we've been here it's grown about 7. but I suppose that's life salvation and pride. So I'll continue to humble myself and bite the bullet, these people don't realize the evil they work. However we all do this, I am by no means perfect, it's just hard to work for a ward who doesn't support you. However I love it and the Lord alone I will obey. and continue to swallow my pride and repent. and tell president not to extend them a chapel they don't need one they are too underdeveloped

more next week I have no time I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment