Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4, 2010

dangit i tried to email pictures but it failed! but this weeeeek has beeen so good to me




I'm leaving Calaca and it makes me so sad. I love the people here and yeaaah this sucks...but i'm excited for a change of things...I've seem to forgotten the feeling of change...I've gotten too comfortable I need to be pushed and uncomfortable again!







Sorry don't got much to say I'll let you know the update with my new area on monday! Keep reading and praying for me!






President,


These last few days have been productive but sad. Sad because I've grown so very close to the members over these past 3 transfers, but I am ready for a new area and new experience. Yesterday was one of the best Sundays of my mission. We had the opportunity to take the sacrament to a member who isn't able to go to church because of his illness so we sat in the man's living room and had sacrament there. I felt the spirit so strong, and I thought to myself...this Church is so true..It doesn't matter where, or how many members are present the Lord loves his saints where ever they maybe gathered. After that we returned to the Church and had a P.E.C. meeting. In the meeting, President Ambao thanked me for all the service I've rendered here and said it was much appreciated and noticed. and It was the first time anyone from a ward/branch has told me thank you for the work and that they are excited for when I return and sad that I am leaving. It was an interesting experience it made me feel grateful for the wakeup call you gave Elder Painagan and I 2 transfers ago. President I love the members and investigators that I've met and taught here..It hurts that I am leaving, but I know I need to trust in the Lord more. I feel lately my faith is weak, I need to continue calling on the Lord for him to lift me higher, but I am happy to report that my reading the scriptures everyday hasn't stopped I'm still on top of that. I just need to improve myself and become a better missionary! But I still have hope. I've come to learn here the power of the atonement and I can only thank you and the spirit for that, you've silently taught me a lesson I will never been able to forget and you had no idea you were teaching me. Thank you President for all that you do. I know that being a Mission President is probably the most demanding calling you've ever had. I think being a missionary is but it doesn't compare to what you have on your plate. I'm here for you Pres and I'm going to keep trying my best.


On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Debbie Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment